Disability claims for veterans can take up to five years to process. Why? The VA has been plagued with problems for decades. Funding shortages, poor coordination, and a range of complex health issues faced by service members have all created barriers for vets seeking care. Amid increased attention on the problems, are improvements on the horizon?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Dr. Timothy Ballard – director at AK VA health system
- Carrie Epperson – Service center manager – Seattle region
- Samuel Hudson – AK VA Public Affairs
- Statewide callers
- Alaska VA Healthcare Facebook
Kathleen Johnson, Patient Advocate; 907-257-5449 or Kathleen.Johnson1@va.gov
Samuel Hudson, Public Affairs Officer; 907-257-5490 or Samuel.Hudson@va.gov
Voluntary Services (Volunteering at VA Facilities)
Jeanne Fox, Chief Voluntary Services Officer; 907-257-4949 or Jeanne.Fox@va.gov
Alfredo Stokes, Voluntary Services Assistant; 907-257-4839 or Alfredo.Stokes@va.gov
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by email, RSS or podcast.