Early childhood experiences can have a major impact on the physical and emotional development of children. For children who grow up in an environment defined by domestic violence, addiction and neglect, the consequences can be significant. These children often struggle with attention problems, depression, anxiety and behavioral disorders. During Child Abuse Prevention Month, Dan Bigley joins Prentiss Pemberton to discuss what is being done to prevent child abuse before it happens and what can be done to help children who have experienced abuse in their lives.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Dan Bigley, CEO & President, Denali Family Services
- Joshua Geary, counselor, Denali Family Services
https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/preventing/preventionmonth/ https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/prevention.html https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubpdfs/long_term_consequences.pdf
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: