The US Surgeon General recently released an advisory on how social media helps and hurts youth mental health. There are positive impacts but social media can also increase depression and anxiety. On this Line One, host Prentiss Pemberton talks with Jennifer Gessert, a therapist specializing in technology addiction. They discuss how social media impacts kids and teens.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
GUESTS: Jennifer Gessert
– White Wave Counseling
–Surgeon General’s Advisory Report on Youth and Social Media
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: