The thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland at the base of the neck. The thyroid can be hypoactive or hyperactive and can produce nodules. Most thyroid nodules are not serious and do not cause symptoms, but a small percentage of thyroid nodules are cancerous. We explore the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid nodules and cancer.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
Dr. John Muffoletto, Board Certified General Surgeon
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: