Work experience while in high school is one of the top predictors of employment success after high school for youth experiencing disabilities. The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation has a robust summer work program helping 200 disabled youths across 17 sites in Alaska. Advocates say this resource is great for youth, their parents and for Alaska employers.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
- Jim Kreatschman, Youth Transition Program Coordinator, Alaska Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
- Sierra Jimenez, Assistant Director, Southeast Alaska Independent Living (SAIL)
- Zuly Pitre, Counselor, Lower Kuskokwim School District
- Lower Kuskokwim School District summer work video: https://youtu.be/WHPiQSN4C_k
- Writeup on Summer Work: https://labor.alaska.gov/dvr/documents/summer_work.pdf
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: