Divorce rates are on the rise for couples over 50. What are the reasons behind the trend, and how has COVID-19 affected older couples?
Co-authors and therapists Carol Hughes and Bruce Fredenberg discuss their book, “Home Will Never Be The Same Again,” and share tips and tools to help families navigate later-in-life separation in this week’s episode of Line One: Your Health Connection.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Carol Hughes, co-author, “Home Will Never Be The Same Again”
- Bruce Fredenberg, co-author, “Home Will Never Be The Same Again”
- Forbes: Grey divorce: Its reasons and its implications
- Psychology Today: 7 key facts about divorce after long marriages
- U.S. News: Divorcing After 50: How Gray Divorce Affects Your Health
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10 to 11 a.m.).
- Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: