The arrival of a new host to Hometown Alaska is a good opportunity to open the phone lines to hear what topics you want us to work on. We call it “all ears” because we’re listening for the ideas you want us to pursue.
Joining the Hometown Alaska team is EJ David. You may have heard him co-host the RUNNING program for school board candidates on March 8. In 2020, he came on as a “pop-up” co-host on a show that looked at the Asian American and Pacific Islander experience in Alaska. Today, we’ll co-host the show as an opportunity to introduce EJ and learn more about him. Look for his first solo show on April 5, and he’ll be back once a month after that.
We invite your thoughts on programming you’d like to hear on your local community radio show. Is it more public affairs and issues? Is it the human side of Anchorage and Alaska — the community voices that make up the sound and rhythm of our town and our state? Or a blend of both?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us share a virtual cup of coffee and listen to what’s on your mind.
HOSTS: Kathleen McCoy and E.J. David
GUESTS: You, the listeners.
- Scroll the archive of Hometown Alaska programs
- E.J. David was a “pop-up” co-host on this Hometown Alaska program from May 11, 2020: Jobs, family brought many Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders to Alaska. Will they stay?
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10-11 a.m.).
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (E-mails may be read on air).
- Post your comment or question below (Comments may be read on air).
- LIVE: Monday, March 22, 2021 at 10 a.m
- RE-AIR: Monday, March 22, 2021 at 8 p.m.
- PODCAST: On this page after the show