1 of 3
According to The Trust for Public Land, 54% of the nation’s residents live within a 10 minute walk of a park. In Anchorage, that number is 74%. For many residents of an urban area, access to a park near their neighborhood as a child is the first outdoor exploration of life. For adults, a neighborhood park offers a quick trip into nature to recreate and relieve stress. On the next Outdoor Explorer, we’ll be talking with the visionaries, the planners, and the builders of our urban park space.
HOST: Lisa Keller
- Segment 1: “Waldron Lake Master Plan and and Russian Jack Springs Improvements.” Van Le, with R&M Consultants, and Steve Rafuse.
- Segment 2: “Chester Creek Urban Single Track.” Christina Grande and Maeve Nevins-Lavtar.
- Segment 3: “Setting Winter Single Track Trails.” Josh Chelf.
- Waldron Lake Master Plan
- Russian Jack Springs Park Master Plan Update
- Chester Creek Urban Single Track
- Open House information, including Chester Creek Single Track Trail Map
- Anchorage Fat Bike Facebook page
BROADCAST: Thursday, January 24th, 2019. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, January 24th, 2019. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: