This program will review the prevention, detection and treatment of gynecologic cancers with cancer specialist Dr. Joanie Hope. The finding of human papilloma virus (HPV) as a cause of cervical cancer and its close association with other gynecologic cancer has led to the development of the HPV vaccine and the prevention of infection with this virus and HPV related cancers.
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Joanie Mayer Hope, a Board Certified Gynecologic Oncologist, is the founder and managing partner of Alaska Women’s Cancer Care. Based in Anchorage, Dr. Mayer Hope manages the surgical and chemotherapeutic aspects of women’s cancer treatment. Dr. Mayer Hope is the Director of Gynecologic Oncology at Providence Alaska Cancer Center and the Alaska Native Medical Center and also operates at Alaska Regional Hospital in Anchorage.
- Dr. Joanie Hope’s office website
- Centers for Disease Control website providing information on symptoms, treatment and prevention of gynecologic cancers
- The Alaska Department of Health and Human Services 1-2- 3 Protect Alaska’s Kids HPV Cancer Prevention campaign webpage contains reliable information about HPV infection, cancer and immunization
- Let Every Woman Know – Alaska was formed by volunteers to promote awareness and education about gynecologic cancers in Alaska
- The NIH Clinical Center conducts cutting edge cancer research, and patients from anywhere in US can participate in these trials. Go to www.clinicaltrials.gov for more information.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday,February 13, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, February 13, 2017, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: