That’s the topic this week on Justice Alaska, a once-a-month special edition of Hometown Alaska. It aims to give citizens a clearer understanding of how our courts, our laws and our system of justice works.
Senior Judge Elaine Andrews will be back as co-host and legal expert. Guests include Stacey Marz, director of self-help services with the Alaska Court System, and Monica Elkington, a private attorney and co-chair of the Alaska Bar Association’s unbundled legal services section.
Have you ever needed a lawyer but didn’t know the first step to take? Do you have questions about how to evaluate whether a lawyer is a good fit for your case? Please bring your questions to the next edition of Justice Alaska on Hometown Alaska.
UPDATE April 20, 2016 – Directory of Alaska Attorneys: After hearing the radio promotion for today’s Justice Alaska on Hometown Alaska, Todd Publications has donated 50 free copies of the Directory of Alaska Attorneys, also called “the Bible of the Alaska legal community.” These are available at a first-come, first-serve basis from Todd Communications, located at 611 E. 12th Ave, which is near 11th and Fairbanks Street. The directories are available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday through the end of this month, or April 29. Thank you Todd Communications, for supporting our consumer approach to legal issues on Justice Alaska on Hometown Alaska.
- Kathleen McCoy
- Senior Judge Elaine Andrews, legal expert co-host
- Stacey Marz, director of self-help service, Alaska Court System
- Monica Elkinton, private attorney, co-chair of Alaska Bar Association’s unbundled legal services section
- Alaska Court System
- Alaska Bar Association
- Alaska Association of Collaborative Law Professionals
- Alaska Legal Services
- Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Legal Program
- Alaska Institute for Justice
- Alaska Native Justice Center
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)