9% of the US population will have an eating disorder in their lifetime. Anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and several other categories affect individuals of all ages, gender and weight. Despite stereotypes in media, less than 6% of people with eating disorders are diagnosed as underweight. Join host Dr. Justin Clark as he explores the spectrum of eating disorders and the resources available in Alaska.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark, MD
- Dr. Christine Peat, PhD – Director of the National Center of Excellence on Eating Disorders
- Jenny Loudon, MPA – Co-Founder and Board Vice-Chair for the Alaska Eating Disorders Alliance
- Guide to treating eating disorders
- Eating Disorders: About more than food
- Insurance Navigation Resources
- Alaska Eating Disorder Alliance
- National Center of Excellence for Eating Disorders
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: