People aged 13 to 23, referred to as transition aged youths, are when serious mental health disorders are often first discovered. Research shows that early treatment significantly decreases hospitalization and increases participation in school and employment. Many resources are now available in our community including the Power Center and Alaska Seeds of Change. In this episode of Line One, Dr Justin Clark explores these resources and much more about mental health.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
- Joshua Arvidson – COO, Alaska Behavioral Health
- Quavon Bracken – Program Manager, POWER Center
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: