Hormones are messages that travel through the bloodstream to relay instructions to the body that control many functions. They are often prescribed in situations where our bodies are not providing enough for us to function at our best. Hormones also naturally decline as we age which may poorly affect our overall quality of life and health. Men also experience a decline in testosterone and other hormones, and replacement is just as important for them as it is for women.
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
GUEST: Steve Goldring, R.Ph, known as “The Hormone Pharmacist”; licensed compounding pharmacist
- www.simplehormones.com/alaska Steven Gorldring creates informational videos to explain some of the ways that hormones interact and how they can fluctuate throughout our lives.
- What is bio-identical hormone replacement therapy? www.biotemedical.com
- Common myths about HRT: https://hwcoftexas.com/10-hormone-replacement-myths/
- Hormones are crucial to the functionality of our bodies, here is a description of the five most important ones: https://www.thewellforhealth.com/blog/5-important-hormones-and-how-they-help-you-function
- HRT has been found to reduce the risk of heart disease : https://news.usc.edu/trojan-family/benefits-hormone-replacement-therapy-women-estrogen-usc/
North American Menopause Society position of hormone replacement: https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/nams-updates-hrt-position-statement
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: