The state budget crisis is hitting public schools, with the loss of 99 teachers expected in Anchorage next year, even if there are no further cuts from the Alaska Legislature. On the next show, we will look at the current situation and how it could change. We’ll have education leaders to answer your questions about how these cuts could affect your children. We’ll also look at how the decisions being made now in Juneau could affect education and economic opportunity in the future.
- Elisa Snelling, member, Anchorage School Board
- Alyse Galvin, member, Great Alaska Schools Anchorage
- Rep. Harriet Drummond, chair, House Education Committee
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 8, 2016, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Marcg 8, 2016, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
SUBSCRIBE: Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically — via email, RSS or podcasts.