5 questions with Anchorage Assembly candidates
The Anchorage municipal election is April 5. It will be conducted by mail, and ballots have already been sent out. (More on how to vote here.)
Among what voters will weigh in on: filling five seats on the 11-member Anchorage Assembly. Assembly members are chosen by voters in their district and elected to 3-year terms.
To help sift through the candidates, the Anchorage Daily News sent them a list of survey questions. Here’s the Anchorage Assembly candidates’ answers to five of those questions, and for more visit adn.com.
1. What is the most important problem facing Anchorage? How would you address it?
2. Rate Dave Bronson’s performance as mayor. Explain, with specific examples.
3. The past two years have been marked by increased civic discord in Anchorage. How would you improve the quality of civic discourse in the city?
4. What’s your vision for improving and diversifying Anchorage’s economy?
5. What do you see as the most effective strategies to address homelessness in Anchorage going forward?
Click on each candidates photo to see how they answered.
District 2 – Seat A – Eagle River/Chugiak