Andrea Noble, executive director of the Alaska State Council on the Arts, has one word for the Alaska artists and arts organizations now tackling Year Three of life under Covid: “Resilient. They just don’t quit.”
On today’s Hometown Alaska, we’ll hear from five arts groups on how they have adapted and persisted. What lessons did they learn? How did they change their process? What worked, what didn’t work? Were there unexpected silver linings? Unexpected disasters? How has their attitude shifted from year one to year three? Oh, and what do they hear from their audiences?
If you are an artist, actor, musician, painter…. how are you faring? What have you learned? And if you are from the audience, how has the loss of arts affected you? What do you miss the most?
Please join our conversation on how the Arts persist in the time of Covid, and why we care.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Sherri Burkhart Reddick, Executive Director, Anchorage Symphony Orchestra
- Judy Berry, Marketing and Development Director, Anchorage Opera
- Jason Hodges, Executive Director, Anchorage Concert Association
- Enzina Marrari, Program Officer, Rasmuson Foundation
- Matt Fernandez, Executive Director, Anchorage Community Theatre
- Anchorage Symphony Orchestra website
- Anchorage Concert Association website
- Anchorage Opera website
- Rasmuson Foundation Individual Artists Awards program
- Anchorage Community Theatre website
- Alaska State Council on the Arts, Adaptation and Innovation Grant Program
- KRBD radio report on Ketchikan’s Blueberry Arts Festival, KRBD website
- “Lost Art: Measuring Covid-19’s devastating impast on America’s creative economy,” Brookings Institute study, 8.11.2020
- “Analysis: Covid 19’s Impact on Arts and Culture,” Data and Assessment Working Group Weekly Report, www.arts.gov, 1.4.2021
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10-11 a.m.)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (E-mails may be read on air).
- Post your comment or question below (Comments may be read on air).
- LIVE: Monday, February 7, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- RE-AIR: Monday, February 7, 2022 at 8 p.m.
- PODCAST: Available on this page after the program.