Dementia is a broad term for the impaired ability to remember, think, or make decisions. It can have major impacts on one’s ability to do everyday tasks, and for many, it’s a terrifying diagnosis. But a diagnosis doesn’t mean the end of everything, and on this Line One, host Prentiss Pemberton and his guest, Rea Tajiri, discuss the 16 years Tajiri spent caring for her mother with dementia, the beautiful moments they found within, and the documentary Tajiri produced from those moments.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Rea Tajiri, Filmmaker, creator of Wisdom Gone Wild
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
Get updates on Line One: Your Health Connection and other Alaska Public Media podcasts here.