Breast cancer is a complex and wide-ranging class of cancer, with many different types, treatments, and detection methods, but as with any cancer, it’s best to catch it as early as possible. October is breast-cancer awareness month, but monitoring for the signs and preventing risk is a year-round job. On this Line One host Dr. Jillian Woodruff and her guest discuss screening for, and treating, breast cancer.
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
- Dr. Sherry Johnson, general surgeon and breast surgery oncologist, Far North General Surgery and Surgical Oncology
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, September 27, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, September 27, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
Get updates on Line One: Your Health Connection and other Alaska Public Media podcasts here.