Social media and technology are everywhere in today’s day and age, but more than ever, young people are getting access to these earlier and earlier in life. Excessive social media use in children can have long-lasting impacts on their mental, behavioral, and even physical health. How can parents prevent their children from becoming technology-addicted, and what can be done for those who already are? On this Line One, host Prentiss Pemberton explores these questions and more with a technology addiction specialist.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Jennifer Gessert, Anchorage therapist specializing in technology addiction
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
Get updates on Line One: Your Health Connection and other Alaska Public Media podcasts here.