Today’s youth are constantly bombarded with the allure of harmful substances on social media. The highlight reel nature of social media misses the stark impacts that drugs and alcohol can have on us. On the next Line One, host Dr. Jillian Woodruff dives into the struggles that young people experience, with a conversation aimed at seeking compassion, and building trust.
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
- Tiffany Hall, Executive director, Recover Alaska
- Joshua Arvidson, LCSW, chief operating officer, Alaska Behavioral Health
- Recover Alaska
- Alaska Behavioral Health
- Why Social Media Is Just A Highlight Reel | Mental Health Matters
- Social media and substance abuse
- Types of trauma
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: