A new report from the US Surgeon General highlights a trend of loneliness and isolation among Americans. According to the report, lack of connection with other people can create adverse health effects on par with frequent smoking. On this Line One, host Prentiss Pemberton explores the mental and physical health benefits that come with a sense of belonging and connection and what can go wrong when they’re missing.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Dr. Nichole Argo – Director of Research & Field Advancement, Over Zero
- “Our Epidemic of Loneliness and Isolation” US Surgeon General’s Advisory
- The Belonging Barometer in America
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: