Sobriety can be one of the most consequential changes someone can make in their life. It has the potential to improve your mental and bodily health, but it’s also a difficult path that faces stigma and barriers in the healthcare system. March is Alaska’s Sobriety Awareness Month, and on this Line One, host Prentiss Pemberton talks with Recover Alaska’s sober heroes about their stories, and the ways sobriety has changed their lives.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
GUESTS: Recover Alaska Sober Hero Award Recipients
- Rob Seay, Anchorage
- Johon Atkinson, Metlakatla
- Stevi Rae Angasan, Naknek
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: