Living in Alaska in the Winter can be challenging for many of us. The darkness, cold, ice and snow make it challenging to get out, be active, and stay connected. Imagine trying to face these challenges if you are elderly, blind or in a wheelchair. On this next Line One, Prentiss Pemberton speaks with guests from the Alaska Center For The Blind And Visually Impaired to discuss the challenges and possible solutions for people with disabilities in the Winter.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- CB Brady – Executive Director, Alaska Center For The Blind And Visually Impaired
- Nate Kile – Program Director, AT Specialist, Alaska Center For The Blind And Visually Impaired
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: