Colorectal cancer accounts for 9% of all cancers. It is the third most common type of cancer and the fourth most common cause of death. Beating it is highly dependent on catching the cancer early through screening. What are the modifiable and non modifiable risks for colon cancer? What are the current screening guidelines? Is colonoscopy the only option? Join host Dr. Justin Clark as he explores these questions and much more about colorectal cancer on this episode of Line One.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
- Dr Doug Haghighi, MD, gastroenterology specialist
- Dr. Haghighi’s medical biography
- CDC: What is Colorectal Cancer?
- Mayo clinic colorectal cancer overview
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: