Death is something we all know will inevitably come for us someday, but death is also something that many of us fear. Maybe it’s the uncertainty of what comes next? Or perhaps it’s the fear of “not existing”? Whatever it is has led us, as a culture, to shy away from exploring what death means and to speak of death in hushed tones. On the next Line One Prentiss Pemberton speaks with Ordained interfaith Chaplain, Barbara Becker who will discuss her new book, HEARTWOOD, which chronicles her search to find the answer to 1 Question: Can we live our lives more fully knowing someday we will die? Please join us as Barbara shares what she has learned along the way about life and death.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Barbara Becker – Author of Heartwood
Call 907-550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: