Racism underlies many problems in the mental health treatment system. It leads to misdiagnosis and mistreatment. But, we can do something about it. On the second installment of Out North’s Mental Health Mosaics, we hear from community members about the ways that racism and discrimination affect mental health.
HOST: Anne Hillman
Mental Health Mosaics is more than just a podcast. It also uses art and poetry to help people explore mental health issues. Check out our website, mentalhealthmosaics.org, where you can see art from around Alaska exploring mental health and download a free workbook with creative prompts, coloring sheets and poetry to help you explore mental health on your own or with the people around you.
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: