Alaska’s elderly population is growing at a rapid rate while facing a range of challenges that can be distressing, and physically impairing. While the most common ailments faced are heart disease and Alzheimer’s & dementia, these are followed closely by depression, which often goes undiagnosed. How can we better assist our elders with the range of physical and emotional changes they are facing?
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
Ken Youngberg, LCSW, a licensed clinical social worker providing mobile mental health care in Soldotna
Ade Akindipe, DNP, MBA, NP-C, Akins Mobile Health, a mobile health care provider and clinical consultant in Anchorage
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: