Alaska has the fastest growing senior population per capita, with those aged 60 and older making up 19.5% of the state. It is estimated that there are nearly 8,500 elderly with Alzheimer’s and related dementia. Our fortunate elders are supported by caregivers who often suffer from a lack of resources and support. Occupational therapists can provide much needed services to allow our elders to age with dignity in their homes and provide caregiver support.
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
- Dr. Breanna James, Occupational Therapist, Authentic Living, LLC
- Dr. Emily Byl, Occupational Therapist and Owner, Well Haven Occupational Therapy
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: