Educators have been dealing with the pandemic for more than a year, but the latest COVID surge is presenting new challenges. On the next installment of Alaska Public Media’s Talk to your Neighbor series, Dr. Jillian Woodruff speaks with members of the Alaska Coalition of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) Educators to learn how they’re getting the word out about vaccination in schools and in the community.
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
- Danyelle Kimp, co-founder & president, Alaska Coalition of BIPOC Educators
- Roz’lyn Grady-Wyche, co-founder & vice president, Alaska Coalition of BIPOC Educators
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: