What if our latest conversations about Alaska didn’t lodge on the dollar amount of a PFD, or how much a budget should be cut? What if we leaped over these sticking points and employed our collective imagination to envision an Alaska of the future? What kind of place do we want Alaska to be? What kind of place do we want the next generation to experience?
These are the questions that moved Ky Holland, an educator, community organizer and a start-up kind of guy. Read: Entrepreneur. His LinkedIn “About” section lists “30 years of technical and community leadership focused on the challenge and paradox of building consensus and implementing significant change.”
Ky wanted to start a conversation about Alaska’s future, and the result is Alaska Version 3.0 where innovative thinkers come together and imagine Alaska in the next 30, or 300 years. Recognizing that its oil economy has beneficially driven state growth, but is now in a mature state and can no longer sustain us. What comes next?
As always, your questions and comments are welcome throughout the program. Please join us.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Ky Holland, Alaska Version 3.0
- Sarah Katari, communications, Alaska Version 3.0
- Meda DeWitt, Alaska Native traditional healer, director Haa Jooni Productions, Alaska Version 3.0
- Margi Dashevsky, Fairbanks Climate Action Coalition, regenerative economies, Alaska Version 3.0
- Ryan Witten, Seeds of Change, Alaska Version 3.0
- Alaska Version 3.0 website
- AKV3 Group on Facebook, webpage
- Alaska v3 Group on LinkedIn (must be a LinkedIn member to access), weblink
- Email address to communicate with AKV3: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Contest details, AKV3 website
- Downloadable working and thinking outline of Alaska Version 3.0 (PDF)
- Watch a short video of Ky Holland thinking aloud about Alaska Version 3.0. blog
- Fairbanks Climate Action Coalition, include regenerative economy working group, website
- What is a regenerative economy? From Wikipedia, webpage
- University of North Alabama paper on reaching a new economy, Shoals Shift 2019, PDF
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2 to 3 p.m.)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (E-mails may be read on air).
- Post your comment or question below (Comments may be read on air).
- LIVE: Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10 a.m.
- RE-AIR: Monday, June 14, 2021 at 8 p.m.
- PODCAST: Available on this page after the program.