What’s on your summer reading list? How many of the books are by Alaska authors? Our state has dozens of accomplished and prolific writers and publishers covering a wide range of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, science and other genres. Who are your favorite homegrown authors and what are you looking forward to reading over the coming months?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Heather Lende, Alaska State Writer Laureate and Haines-based author
- Marc Cameron, Eagle River-based author
- Dana Stabenow, Homer-based author
LINKS & RESOURCES:
- Alaska Writers’ Guild
- 49 Writers (and their podcast Active Voice hosted by Katie Bausler)
- Alaska Books and Authors Facebook page
- Porphyry Press: new Alaska micro-press
- Here’s an incomplete list of some of the reading recommendations from the show
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast.
Send an email to email@example.com (Comments may be read on air).
Post your comment during or after the live broadcast on social media (Comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 10 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
LIVE Web stream: Click here to stream.