Gynecologic cancer is a term that refers to specific cancers occurring in various areas of the female reproductive tract. Some cancers may have significant symptoms, while others may have none. Let Every Woman Know is a group spreading the word about the signs and symptoms of gynecologic female cancers like ovarian, cervical and vaginal.
Join Dr. Jillian Woodruff and her guests as they discuss paying attention to our bodies, asking questions, and educating ourselves about reducing the risk of cancer.
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
- Dr. Melissa Hardesty, Gynecologic Oncologist, Alaska Women’s Cancer Care in Anchorage
- Mary Rita, cancer survivor and board member, Let Every Woman Know —Alaska
- Let Every Woman Know
- American Cancer Society: provides information on cancer, research, advocacy, and community programs and services.
- Clinicaltrials.gov: a registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world.
- Womenlisten.org: a group of women cancer survivors in Alaska that offer weekly support meetings and annual retreats.
- The National Comprehensive Cancer Network: a not-for-profit alliance of 23 of the world’s leading cancer centers dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10:00 – 11:00am)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: