Our kidneys are amazing organs that filter our blood of waste and extra water to create urine. The function of our kidneys can be impacted by many things from high blood pressure, to diabetes and even trauma. Join host Dr. Justin Clark for a discussion about kidneys and kidney failure in adults and children.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
- Dr. Jeremy Gitomer, MD, Internal Medicine, Pediatric and Adult Nephrology, Kidney & Hypertension Clinic of Alaska
- What is renal hypertension?
- Mayo Clinic: What is diabetic nephropathy?
- National Kidney Association: Dialysis Q&A
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10:00 – 11:00am)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: