Over the past few centuries in the United States, laws and policies have favored some racial and ethnic groups over others. It’s led to racial inequity in Alaska and beyond. Now different groups are working together to educate people about these problems and develop solutions.
This episode is part of Alaska Public Media’s Solutions Desk. Listen to more stories about change and resilience here.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Lisa Wade – Chickaloon Village Traditional Council
- Andrea Sanders – First Alaskans Institute
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by email, RSS or podcast.
First Alaskans Institute Advancing Native Dialogues on Racial Equity
First Alaskans Social Justice Doers workshop
Chickaloon Village Traditional Council