Internet pornography is a growing concern for parents. The average age of exposure to pornography is 11 years old and trending down. Exposure to pornographic images and videos can happen anywhere, at any time of day, often despite the best efforts by adults to regulate and control access. All of our kids are vulnerable. What do you do if your kid is watching porn? How do you better control access? What are the impacts of pornography on social and emotional development? Please join co-host Prentiss Pemberton and documentary film maker Dr. Delaney Ruston, as they discuss these and other questions about the impacts of pornography on children’s health and wellness.
-Be aware, this will be a frank discussion about a challenging subject. You might want to use discretion in listening to this program with your child or at least be prepared to have a discussion with them if they do listen.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton, LCSW
- Dr. Delaney Ruston is a filmmaker, Stanford trained physician and mother of two. Through her company, MyDoc Productions, Delaney has made other award-winning documentaries on mental health along with Unlisted.
- Understanding the effects of pornography on children
- How to talk to your kids about porn, from Time.com
- What to do when children see pornography unintentionally
- A father-son talk in the internet age
- Internet statistics
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, October 9, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday,October 9, 2017, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
- Understanding Health Research
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: