Arctic Entries this month brings you Talk to the Hand, Stories of Taking a Stand, Getting Scorned, and Doing It Your Way. In the spirit of This American Life, The Moth, and other storytelling events, Arctic Entries brings Alaskans to the stage to share their personal stories: funny, sad and sweet. At every performance, seven people each tell a seven-minute long true story about themselves relating to the show’s theme. Local musicians perform a few songs as well. Proceeds made from Arctic Entries’s ticket sales go to a non-profit partner selected at the beginning of each season.
- Fernanda Conrad – Why do you love me?
- Liszka Bessenyey – No Politicking at School
- Jeff Lucas – Get the License Plate
- Amanda Metivier – Facing Foster Care
- Anne Garrett – The Miracle of Life
- Susan Maley – What to do with this Bobcat?
- Shane Castle – Come at me, bro
- Arctic Entries Homepage
- Facing Foster Care in Alaska, their non-profit partner for 2015-2016
- Supporting youth voices in English class
HOSTS: Sam Bernitz and Kendall Stormo
BROADCAST: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
RECORDED: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts