Some implants for hip replacement surgery are being recalled and some are loosening prematurely. On this edition of Line One we will discuss these problems with Anchorage orthopedic surgeon Dr. Steve Tower and Dr. Michael Mayor, Dartmouth orthopedic surgeon and past chairman of the FDA’s Advisory Panel on Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Devices.
- NIAMS: Q & A about hip replacement
- AAOS: Q & A about metal-on-metal hip replacement
- FDA Medical Services: Information for Patients Considering a Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant System
RELATED PAST PROGRAMS:
- Line One: Joint Replacement Surgery (23 Sept 2011)
- Line One: Hip Replacement Surgery (31 Jan 2011)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Steve Tower, MD, orthopedic surgeon
- Michael Mayor, MD, orthopedic surgeon, Dartmouth Medical School and Dartmouth School of Engineering; past chairman of the FDA’s Advisory Panel on Orthopedic and Rehabilitation
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, February 27, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, February 27, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health
LINE ONE: YOUR HEALTH CONNECTION ARCHIVE