Anchorage remains the air crossroads of the world for cargo traveling by air, with one of the busiest freight airports in the nation. On this week’s Hometown, Alaska, we meet one of the pilots who makes all that activity happen and learn about how the business works, and the lifestyle of those who spend all their time in the air. We’ll also explore the economic impact of this important industry.
- The FedEx Express Hub in Anchorage, AK: Key Facts and Figures (PDF)
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Len Anderson, KSKA
- Bryan Bailey, head pilot, FedEx in Anchorage
- Bill Popp, president and CEO, Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
LIVE: Wed, May 15, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, May 15, 2011 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast