Alaskans are looking closer to home for their food. Community Supported Agriculture started in our larger cities but has spread to smaller communities now. And soon it will be planting time for gardeners.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has put a new stress on Food Security, and assuring sources of healthy foods to stave off childhood obesity.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Kerry MacLane. President. Sitka Local Foods Network.
- Tim Meyers. Meyers Farm. Bethel.
- Live callers statewide.
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, March 3, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide