Managing a career, maintaining a home, affording daycare and raising a happy child – These are all things single parents have to deal with every day. This week on Hometown, Alaska join host Teeka Ballas and her guests Karen Halpin from Alaska Parent Information and Resource Center and Anchorage social worker, Richard Steinzeig as they take your calls and discuss the issues single parents face and the solutions that are available.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Teeka Ballas, independent journalist
- Karen Halpin, Education Specialist, Alaska Parent Information and Resource Center / Federal Programs (AKPIRC)
- Richard Steinzeig, MSW, LCSW, Anchorage Social Worker
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE: Wed, March 17, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, March 17, 2010 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast