Kenai wildfire last month, May 2009. Photo by Casey Kelly, KBBI – Homer.
A wildfire near Homer last month charred 1100 acres and completely destroyed three homes. What are the chances of a calamity like that in Anchorage, and what is the role of homeowners in protecting their property from wildfire? We’ll find out more about wildfire mitigation, and changing attitudes about suburban expansion into wild lands on the next Community Forum.
- MOA: Anchorage Fire Department, Wildfire Mitigation Office
- MOA: Development Services
- MOA: Planning Department
Download Audio (MP3)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Ellen Lockyer, independent journalist
- Sue Rodman, forester, Anchorage Fire Department’s Wildfire Mitigation Program
- Jennifer Collins, education, Anchorage Fire Department’s Wildfire Mitigation Program
LIVE: Wed, June 3, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, June 3, 2009 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Community Forum updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast