As program officer in Policy Analysis and Dialogue at The Stanley Foundation, David Shorr is currently focused on national security strategy and the United States’ role in the world. He is co-editor of Bridging the Foreign Policy Divide, which collects the results of one of the foundation’s projects. Previously in Washington, Shorr worked on a range of subjects, including arms control, humanitarian crisis response, conflict resolution and human rights. Quoting economist Paul Romer, Shorr explains why, “A crisis is a terriblie thing to waste,” in his presentation, “Uncharted Waters – Steering US Foreign Policy Through Turbulent Times.”
- Slide show: Uncharted Waters – Steering US Foreign Policy Through Turbulent Times (PowerPoint)
- Democracy Arsenal: David Shorr posts
- Newsweek: Wanted – A New Grand Strategy by Fareed Zakaria
- The Stanley Foundation: A Stake in the System- Redefining American Leadership by David Shorr & Suzanne Nossel
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: December 11, 2008 at the Hilton Anchorage
AIRED ON KSKA: December 11, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- David Shorr, program officer in Policy Analysis and Dialogue, The Stanley Foundation
Alaska World Affairs Council Presents is a public service partnership of the Alaska World Affairs Council and KSKA Public Radio. You can attend a variety of live AWAC speaking events in Anchorage. Check out the list of upcoming speakers and topics on the AWAC Events Calendar.
RSS Feed [more options here]
Podcast link for any podcast catcher
Podcast link for iTunes